|Lynn Staton Dworsky, M.D.|
My goal is to provide high quality care to my patients using many different approaches in the service of helping them to improve their health, and helping them on their healing journey.
In my 32 years of practice, I have come to appreciate the multiple factors that have contributed to the life experience of each individual.
I view my relationship with my patients as a collaboration between equals.
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Eclectic Psychotherapy (including techniques and understandings from Gestalt Therapy, Ego State Therapy, and Psycho-analytically-oriented Psychotherapy)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Play Therapy with children
- Psychiatric Evaluations
- Family Therapy
- Couples Therapy
- Clinical Hypnosis and
- Neuropsychiatry (including the use of Brain SPECT scans as appropriate)
- Training in Neuropsychiatry by Daniel Amen, M.D., January 2004-February 2005 where I learned ways to use Brain SPECT scans as part of comprehensive Psychiatric Evaluation. This information can be very helpful in evaluating patients with complex disorders and allowing for treatment planning and for treatment monitoring.
I work with patients individually as well as in couples' therapy when needed.
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Psychiatric Disorders.
- Use of multiple therapeutic modalities including Gestalt Therapy, Ego State Therapy, Psychoanalytically Oriented Psychotherapy, and medications when appropriate.
Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Disorders and Conditions Occuring in Childhood and Adolescence
- Play Therapy with Children
- Psychotherapeutic Treatment of Children Using Play as a way of helping the child to express their emotions and problems.
- Work with parents regarding parenting concerns.
- Use of Psychotherapy Techniques including techniques and understandings from Gestalt Therapy, Ego State Therapy, and Psycho-analytically-oriented Psychotherapy in treatment of children and adults.
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Therapy that helps patients to change the way that they think about themselves and their behaviors as a way to help them learn new ways to handle stress and changes in their lives
Family Therapy, Couples Therapy
- Therapy involving work with families together and couples together in order to help them learn new ways to relate to each other that are healthier. May be in addition to individual treatment of one family member when appropriate.
- Teaching self-hypnosis to children and adults for help in managing anxiety, stress, depression, pain, medical conditions (such as headaches and Irritable Bowel Syndrome). Also helpful for weight management, habit disorder, smoking cessation or general improvement in self-concept and self-esteem.
- Hypnosis for children and adolescents for Irritable Bowel Syndrome, abdominal pain, Inflammatory Bowel Diseases.
- Hypnosis for children and adolescents for anxiety, headaches, depression, habit problems (for example, nail biting, tics).
- Hypnosis Group Therapy with Adults for treatment of Irritable Bowel Syndrome using North Carolina Protocol for Hypnotic Treatment of IBS. Also helpful for treatment of Inflammatory Bowel Disorders (such as Crohn's Disease, Ulcerative Colitis).
- Hypnosis Group Therapy with Adolescents for treatment of Irritable Bowel Syndrome using North Carolina Protocol for Hypnotic Treatment of IBS. Also helpful for treatment of Inflammatory Bowel Disorders (such as Crohn's Disease, Ulcerative Colitis).